Contact us via email at Info@cederbergexperience.co.za or you can complete the online booking below.
You can call us on +27 (0)27 4822 813 (Our telephone lines are not reliable, using email will ensure we receive your request and we will respond as soon as possible)
* Required Field
- Rest assure we will not use your email or contact number to send you any spam messages!
- Please note that this request does not automatically confirm a reservation, as accommodation is subject to availability
VERY IMPORTANT – Click here before departing on your travel to Nuwerust Cederberg
FNB (Current Account)
Account Name: Cederberg Camping & Hiking CC
Account No: 62883965257
Branch No: 210835
Reference: Persons NAME & SURNAME who made the booking
*Please send your proof of payments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any cancellations will incur a 10% administration fee.
If cancellation is made 1-7 days prior to arrival, 0% of deposit will be repaid.
If cancellation is made 8-28 days prior to arrival, 50% of deposit will be repaid.
If cancellation is made 29+ days prior to arrival, 90% of deposit will be repaid.
Directions to Nuwerust, Cederberg:
Google Maps Link: MAP
Important travel tips:
– Please fill up your fuel tanks before entering the Cederberg as the closest petrol station is Ceres, Citrusdal or Clanwilliam!
– There is no cell phone (mobile network) reception in the Cederberg, please make sure to download the google maps while you do have internet connection, this way you will still be able to use your location to track your progress on google maps.
– There are two main routes, one via Ceres and the other via N7 (Citrusdal/Clanwilliam)
Directions in words
(If you are old school and prefer directions without using a phone)
Route via Ceres
- Take the N1 north. Take the R44 to Ceres via Wellington. Please ensure that you have sufficient petrol before leaving Ceres. (Cell phones will only work until you reach the small town called Op-Die-Berg.)
- When you enter Ceres turn left at the second robot towards Prince Alfreds’ Hamlet. (R303)
- Drive through Prince Alfreds’ Hamlet (beware of speed traps in Ceres and Prince Alfred).
- Drive over the Gydo Pass. Keep driving until you reach the little town of Op-Die-Berg.
- Op-Die-Berg is 20 km from the top of Gydo Pass. Do not take the right turn to Touwsriver on the way to Op-Die-Berg.
- 200m Past Op-Die-Berg is a sign that says Cederberg/Ceres Karoo. Turn right.
- Follow the tar road for aprrox. 18km.
- At the end of the tar road keep going straight onto the gravel road. Do not take the right hand turn to Kagga Kamma.
- Nuwerust is 47km from the beginning of the gravel road.
- Farms along the way that you will pass are Sneeukop, Luiperds Kloof, Zonderwater and Mount Ceder.
- When you reach Mount Ceder you will see a mountain pass in front of you drive over the pass. The pass is 5km uphill and 5km downhill.
- At the bottom of the pass is a signboard that says Cederberg Camping and Hiking, Nuwerust Rest Camp. Turn right and follow the gravel road 200 meters to motor gate. Drive through the second gate and park at the office sign board.
Route via N7 (Citrusdal/Clanwilliam)
- Take the N7.
- Coming from Cape Town, 32km Past Citrusdal is the sign Algeria/ Cederberg.
- Turn right onto the gravel road and follow the Ceres signboards.
- Farms you will pass along the way are Algeria, Driehoek, Sanddrift, Cederberg Tourism Park and Matjiesriver. Matjiesriver is at the T- junction.
- After 56km you will reach a T-junction that says Wupperthal/Ceres. Do not turn left.
- Turn right towards Ceres and follow the gravel road for 8km. You will reach a sign that says Cederberg Camping and Hiking, Nuwerust Rest Camp turn left and follow the gravel road 200 meters to motor gate. Drive through the second gate and park at the office sign board.