Info and Gallery
Nuwerust Office Hours:
- Check-in from 14H00
- Check-out time 10am for Chalets
- Check-out time 11am for Camping
- Gates close at 22H00
*During off-season, you can arrange with management to check out later.
Office hours are strictly from:
- Monday – Friday: 08h00 – 12h00 & 14h00 – 18h00
- Saturdays: 08h00 – 12h00 & 16h00 – 18h00
- Sundays: 09h00 – 12h00 & 17h00 – 18h00
- No cell phone reception in Cederberg mountains
- WIFI Hotspot facility available at a cost.
- The signal is not very strong, if we made the WIFI free to everyone it would be too weak for anyone to use.
- Being off-line with less screen-time might just do you some good
- No petrol station in the Cederberg for petrol and diesel, please fill up your gas tanks before entering the Cederberg
- Credit Card facility available, but cash is required for permits
- Braai wood for sale
- Fresh Ice for sale
- Tap water drinkable.
- Lapa with DSTV for important sport events (not for watching movies or children shows)
- Cape Nature permits issued at Nuwerust for Stadsaal Caves OR Truitjieskraal
- Permits to be paid in cash only
- Bring your Wildcard with you, all Cape Nature properties are free with a Wildcard
- Permits for Wolfberg Cracks & Arch or Maltese Cross is only issued at Dwarsrivier’s Office
- All activities at Nuwerust are for free for the duration of your stay (chalets and camping). You do not need a permit for all our day hikes, over-night hikes, cycling and rock climbing on the farm. Permits required for non-residents at R50 per person.
- We are close to the Wupperthal 4 x 4 road.
- Please be aware that the Oleander trees are poisonous and do not use for braai.
- See notice boards at the office and ablution blocks for information during your stay
- The Farm shop stocks: Braaiwood & blitz, fresh ice, cooldrinks, mineral water, chips, chocolates, tea/coffee, sugar, oil, tinfoil, washing up liquid, toilet paper, soap and a number of other items.
Information specific for Camping:
- Two ablution blocks with hot water, cleaned daily.
- Toilet paper is not supplied.
- Campsite with or without electricity
- Braai & Fire: Each site has own braai area with braai drum, but does not include braai grid, please bring your own.
- Communal Deep Freezer available (not a refrigerator)
- All tent guide ropes and pegs must be on your site.
Information specific for self-catering Chalets:
- Each chalet has it’s own braai area, with braai grid and tripod stand.
- Washing up liquid and drying up towels is supplied
- No TV at chalets, DSTV available at the Lapa for important sport events.
- We do not supply bedding or towels. Please bring your own and get a reduced price, otherwise we charge extra for bedding.
Rules at Nuwerust:
- No dogs or pets allowed unfortunately
- Speed limit 10km/h on the farm
- This reduces the amount of dust, but more importantly there are children playing and running around the farm
- No glass bottles or drinks INSIDE the swimming pool
- No swimming after 20h00. (Due to maintenance)
- No music at all times
- Quiet time from 22h00. Please report any disturbances.
- No drones allowed
- No vehicles in the road access areas. Vehicles must be on campsite.
- No ball games in the Lapa area.
- Children play at own risk on farm.
- No pellet guns allowed on the farm.
- You will be held responsible for any damages/losses during your stay.
- All basic conservation rules apply. Please keep all gates closed.
- Being part of a conservation area, all garbage is recycled. Kindly assist us with this initiative by using the various garbage disposal containers as per our recycling policy.
WASTE CONTROL POLICY: CEDERBERG CONSERVANCY RULES REGARDING RECYCLING & DISPOSAL OF GARBAGE
In order to eliminate the growing garbage problem and to reduce the impact on the environment, a recycling system has been introduced on Nuwerust. All non-recyclable garbage is incinerated at the Cederberg Conservancy Incinerator.
To maximize the effectiveness of the incinerator, we kindly ask you to separate the garbage as follow:
- Plastic crate: Glass bottles, cooldrink cans, tin cans, tinfoil
- White Plastic Bucket: Food scraps, wet tea bags, eggshells, coffee grounds, meat or chicken bones
- Black Refuse Bins: Wastepaper, plastic, baby nappies
Wet waste should be minimized as far as possible