Description of Hiking Trails:
All the routes are characterised by rocky terrain and should be tackled with suitable hiking shoes. Maps are available from the office and permits are required for non-residents at R50 per person.
- Rondekoppie Circular Route: 2.1 Km A new gentle short route has been added for those that also want to enjoy a bit of nature. This easy to moderate route is for young and old alike. The trail starts just across the river opposite the camp. This 2.1km gentle scenic route takes you around the Rondekoppie and then back along the river (ideal spot to have a picnic and a swim) to the farm. GPS Link: Rondekoppie
- Waterfall Route: This is a 6km circular route on the lower slopes of Klipbokkop with pleasant views and gentle walking. Duration 3 hours (seasonal water only). GPS Link: Waterfall
- Rooiberg Route: This 12km route is a more strenuous trail climbing the impressive Rooiberg towering immediately above the rest camp. The trail then winds back down to the Breekkrans River (3km downstream of the starting point) and heads back to the rest camp. The trail is steep to begin with, but rewards the energetic hiker with fantastic views. Duration 5 – 6 hours. GPS Link: Rooiberg
- Dassieklippe and bushman paintings: This 10.2km trail climbs the Rooiberg to a height of 984m, this is a historical trail which includes bushman paintings of interest of the region. An amazing experience. Duration approximately 6 hours.
- Klipgat: Overnight hiking is available for our guests. The route is ideal for summer, with river swims, fishing and an overnight in a rock overhang. Permits are required for non-residents at R100 per person per night.
- Klipbokkop Route: This 12km route is for the experienced hiker with some scrambling on the final sections. The whole route is marked with cairns to guide you. Duration 6 hrs.